I hate when people are treated badly.
I. Just. Hate. It.
I know no one likes it but, for me, I’ve always had this empathy button that’s pushed really hard when I see someone forgotten about, misunderstood, ignored, or under-valued in anyway.
It’s why I am such a nerd for the customer service experience, becoming a student of it and a speaker on it. No matter the job I’ve had, it’s always included serving others, in the hospitality industry, call centres, retail, consulting and in the public service.
I get extremely passionate helping people connect better with their customers and rethink how they approach their communication.
We can do better. Businesses can do better. Let’s do better.
They want to do better. No one tries to be neglectful or malicious. No one wants to make someone feel bad or marginalized, but we do it in life and on line every day.
- I’ve seen a municipality patronize my parents.
- I’ve watched an industry leader push an unhelpful product in replace of another
- I’ve witnessed a social media giant make assumptions about their customers without communicating
Let’s do better. Let’s communicate better. Let’s serve our customers better.
For ourselves, our employees and our businesses let’s make a great customer experience the ultimate Upsell.
If you have any suggestions or comments, or would like to hire me to consult or speak email me at email@example.com
Some things I’m very honoured others have said:
– Recognized Customer Service Thought Leader 2016, Microsoft
– Top 100 of Customer Service Pros on Twitter, Huffington Post
– Top 15 NPS and Customer Service Thought Leaders to Follow in 2017, CustomerGauge
– Top 20 of the CustomerService100, ICMI Call Centre UK
– Top 15 Most Influential Customer Service Experts To Follow on Twitter, GetApp.com
– Top 50 Customer Service Professionals to Follow on Twitter in 2015, WittyParrot
– Top 50 Customer Experience Leaders 2015, Satmetrix
“One of Canada’s most influential experts on social media in the government sphere.” – Hootsuite
Pssst: If you like The Upsell logo design, I don’t blame you. Clarke Designs Co. did a great job.