Where it Went Wrong
- When they asked me last minute if I could move my time 30min later to 7:30pm to accommodate an emergency staff meeting, I accommodated.
- When they told me I was to change the artist I had been assigned, to one I actually didn’t like the style of, I accommodated.
- When I asked about the new artist and their experience doing geometric shapes, they talked down to me. Saying that if it was still “just” the triangle design I had submitted, it would be fine. (translated to mean to me “it’s a simple tattoo, anyone can do it, why are you bothering asking?”)
- When I did arrive, for my changed appointment of 7:30pm, they weren’t ready and still conducting their staff meeting.
- When I knocked on the door, they shooed me to a corner outside in the rain, telling me to “just stand over there” with no time line as to when they’d be done their meeting.
- When I ended up waiting 10 minutes, I gave up, messaged them and left.
But I did share my feedback.
Where it Went Right
- They sincerely apologized.
- They owned the mistake.
- They acknowledged their failure
- They said they’d make it right.
- To do the tattoo for free that day. (I like free)
- Provide a different artist with geometric experience (the best of the three offered to date)
- At 10am the next day (an hour before they typically open and plenty of time to still catch my flight)
“What happened last night has never ever happened to us before and we have genuinely taken this as a lesson. For us to make amends is to give you the experience all of our customers receive everyday. You too deserve it so i hope you decide to complete your tattoo with us.”